The University GAD Focal Point System (GFPS) is the foremost implementer of gender – related programs, projects and activities in Rizal province and CALABARZON region to empower women and contribute to the attainment of the global vision for gender equality.
The primary responsibility of the University GAD Focal Point System is to mainstream women empowerment and promote gender equality through education and consciousness raising, advocacy, capability and capacity building, operationalization and institutionalization.
The University GAD Focal Point System aims to:
E – Eliminate the practices of gender bias and discrimination;
M -Mobilize different campuses, sections and departments in implementing and monitoring gender- related programs, projects and activities;
P – Promote gender equality and protect women’s human rights;
O – Offer assistance to the clients who are experiencing gender-based violence;
W -Withstand the resistance on gender equality due to traditional concepts and practices;
E – Engaged women in community livelihood programs and projects for economic development;
R – Response to gender issues, needs and concerns in the university, partner agencies and other clients.
1. To organize the GAD Committee in all campuses, develop and continually support the capacities of the GAD pool of trainers, resource persons, advocates and service provider.
2. To disseminate information and increase awareness on gender issues and concerns, women’s human rights, GAD mainstreaming, planning and budgeting, gender analysis and tools through orientation, trainings and seminar-workshop.
3. To conduct gender – related research studies and mapping of existing and showcasing new initiatives on GAD.
4. To develop and/or collect gender-related materials such as Information, education and communication (IEC) materials, Publication and tools, multi-media, gender statistics, research studies and directory of GAD experts.
5. To integrate gender perspective in the policy, curriculum, research and extension, advocacy, linkages, training and other development programs.
6. To provide technical assistance to the concerned Regional/ Provincial Line Agencies (R/PLAs), Local Government Units (LGUs), State Universities and Colleges (SUCs), Non-Government and Private Organizations NGOs/POs toward developing their capabilities for GAD mainstreaming.