To ensure quality in research, research outputs undergo local evaluation and review. Passable researches get University approval and get funds for conduct and implementation of results. Others get government funding as per research category and quality are concerned. Environment and life science researches, education, science and technology, business, arts and social science researches comprise the research conducted in the University. Some URS researches received funding from the CHED and the Department of Agrarian Reform (DAR). Some of them are the following:
- Sustainable Agriculture and Natural Resources Institute (SANRI)
- Laguna Lake Resources Conservation and Development
- Mechatronics Technology Innovation and Training Center
- Productivity Enhancement of an Upland Farming System
- Assessment of Soil Carbon Benefits of Organic Farming in Growing High Value
- Vegetables under Protected Cultivation
- Bioremediation of Agricultural Wastes: The Potential of Earthworms in Converting Substrates with
- Organic Contaminants to Organic Fertilizer
- Life Cycle Assessment for Vermiculture and Vermicomposting Systems in URS
Research results also get recognition as they get published in refereed journals and other prestigious publications.
- Faculty Researchers Caps Research PresentationThe Year 2021 capped ten (10) research papers presentation in various for a and conferences; eight (8) at the international level and two (2) in the national national level. Champions to this particular endeavor were Dr. Analyn V. Inarda, Dr. Jocelyn L. Gagalang, Prof. Emmanuel M. Llaneras, Prof. Read more...
- 29 Researches Completed in AY 2020-2021The Research Development Unit was delighted that the Year 2021 has championed twenty-nine (29) researches that were successfully conducted by faculty-researchers from across campuses following thematic areas such as Social Sciences, Education, Tracer Studies, Science & Technology, Environment Read more...
- 36 Faculty Researches Approved for Internal FundingThis year, a total of thirty-six (36) researches were approved for implementation with funding support from the university thru the General Appropriations Act (GAA) and Internal Operating Budget (IOB) of the Research and Development Unit. Titles and pioneering authors are shown as follows: NO. Read more...
- VP Rio is PhilEASNet Outstanding Extension PractitionerThe Philippine Extension and Advisory Services Network (PhilEASNet) recently held its 2021 Virtual Agriculture, Fisheries, Forestry and Natural Resources (AFFNR) Extension Symposium and General Assembly with the theme Governance of Extension Systems for the New Future on October 14 – 15. The Read more...
- DOST – PCAARD – URS IPTBM Project InauguratedThe Philippine Council for Agricultural, Aquatic and Natural Resources Research Development (DOST-PCAARRD) with its program on Support to the University’s Strategies in Technology Acceleration Initiatives by Nurturing (SUSTAIN) the Intellectual Property and Technology Business Management (IP-TBM) Read more...