The Sustainable Agriculture and Natural Resources Institute (SANRI) is a unit within the University of Rizal System Main Campus that operate as an integral part of the Research and Development, Extension and Production Division of the University. It integrates University and community expertise in the development and promotion of sustainable farming systems throughout the province of Rizal and the region.
RESEARCH AND FARM DEVELOPMENT
Organic Vegetables Farming • Vermiculture and Vermicomposting • Rootcrops Farming
- Beekeeping • Native Pig and Native Chicken Raising • Renewable Energy and Bio-fuel Utilization • Watershed Conservation and Reforestation
PRODUCT TESTING AND LABORATORY SERVICES
Farm Product Processing, Packaging and Testing Center • Soil, Water and Fertilizers Testing Laboratory • Bio-Control Laboratory
PRODUCT PROMOTION , MARKETING AND INFORMATION
Product Promotion and Marketing • Learning Resource and Information Center
Founding Date: June 6, 2013
Pursuant to the vision of the University, the Sustainable Agriculture and Natural Resources Institute (SANRI) advocates and practices sustainable agriculture and natural resources management through relevant research, development, extension and production activities.
SANRI is a model for sustainable agriculture and natural resources management by providing quality and relevant services to various stakeholders in the areas of Research, Education, Technology and Product Development, Marketing and Information System.
SANRI aims to operationalize its components such as Farm Development Center, Research and Product Development Center, Marketing Center, and e-FARMS.
Specifically, the Institute aims to:
- develop, showcase and disseminate the technology generated from the modular projects in the university through research, education, technology and product development and marketing;
- engage in research and product development activities; and
- establish linkages and marketing services maintain an information system on sustainable agriculture and natural resources management.
“Sustaining Human and
Natural Resources Synergy”
- SANRI Goes Extra MileWondering how SANRI spells performance and productivity? The question served the inspiration as to how Prof. Jerry Esperanza, Head of SANRI together with the support of the different modular project leaders braved the necessary reframing of targets in the name of sustainable agriculture. Through Read more...
- SANRI Targets Its Mandate for Greater ProductivityA cornucopia of blessings overflows as the Sustainable Agriculture and Natural Resources Institute rearranged its spotlight towards serving its mandates to greater heights of productivity. With the preliminary set of plans after having reconstituted SANRI, Prof. Jerry Esperanza, the new head of the Read more...