To ensure quality in research, research outputs undergo local evaluation and review. Passable researches get University approval and get funds for conduct and implementation of results. Others get government funding as per research category and quality are concerned. Environment and life science researches, education, science and technology, business, arts and social science researches comprise the research conducted in the University. Some URS researches received funding from the CHED and the Department of Agrarian Reform (DAR). Some of them are the following:
- Sustainable Agriculture and Natural Resources Institute (SANR
- Laguna Lake Resources Conservation and Development
- Mechatronics Technology Innovation and Training Center
- Productivity Enhancement of an Upland Farming System
- Assessment of Soil Carbon Benefits of Organic Farming in Growing High Value
- Vegetables under Protected Cultivation
- Bioremediation of Agricultural Wastes: The Potential of Earthworms in Converting Substrates with
- Organic Contaminants to Organic Fertilizer
- Life Cycle Assessment for Vermiculture and Vermicomposting Systems in URS
Research results also get recognition as they get published in refereed journals and other prestigious publications.
Production and Income Generation
Besides the subsidy provided by the government, the University sustains its operations by initiating the production of income-generating sources from which additional help is gained by URS. Some of these income-generating projects are the Business Incubation Center for Innovationand Development of Youth Entrepreneurs, fish nuggets, piggery, makapuno embryo culture, makapuno plantation, slaughter house, wood and furniture products, dairy goods, animal production, meat and milk processing, crop production, bamboo propagates, facility rentals, fish processing, printing services, papaya soap and laundry detergents, URSafe mineral water and canteen concessionary.
Extension and Linkages
Following the mandate to provide extension services, URS relates to the community by providing different types of extension programs that pertain to community development, protection and preservation programs, gender and development programs, health and wellness programs, literacy programs, livelihood programs and technology generation programs.