Program Educational Objectives
- Practice professional integrity and competence in performing their duties and responsibilities relative to community building through engineering projects involving structural, geotechnical, transportation, water resources, and construction engineering and management.
- Exercise compelling managerial leadership with high regards to effective social communication skills and observing high ethical responsibility in dealing with varying kinds of people in the multidisciplinary field of engineering works, guided by the principles of sustainable development and global interconnectedness that will understand how civil engineering projects affects society and the environment.
- Observe the principles of good governance for the benefit of the community as a civil engineer. Display high regards to the constitutional concept wherein public office is a public trust where accountability is highly observed and respected in serving the community.
- Demonstrate a goal to pursue professional development through continuing education, lifelong learnings and experiences, keeping up with new engineering trends and innovations, and membership in accredited professional societies.
- Provide extensive and workable skills to carry out technical investigations and decision-making designs within the realistic constraints such as economic, environmental, societal, safety and sustainability. Mentor fellow engineers.
By the time of graduation, the students of the BSCE program shall have the ability to:
- Apply knowledge of mathematics and science to solve complex civil engineering problems;
- Design and conduct experiments, as well as to analyze and interpret data;
- Design a system, component, or process to meet desired needs within realistic constraints, in accordance with standards;
- Function in multi-disciplinary and multi-cultural teams;
- Identify, formulate, and solve complex civil engineering problems;
- Understand professional and ethical responsibility;
- Communicate effectively civil engineering activities with the engineering community and with society at large;
- Understand the impact of civil engineering solutions in a global, economic, environmental, and societal context;
- Recognize the need for, and engage in life-long learning;
- Know contemporary issues;
- Use techniques, skills, and modern engineering tools necessary for civil engineering practice;
- Know and understand engineering and management principles as member and leader of a team, and to manage projects in a multidisciplinary environment;
- Understand at least one specialized field of civil engineering practice.