To be able to cater to the changes and development taking place in the academic and technical services service of the University
The library promotes and maintains quality service which supports the University’s philosophy and objectives as well as the instructional, research and extension programs through an organized, relevant, effective and efficient delivery of information in pursuit of quality collection, facilities and services to attain global acceptance and recognition
S – erve the academic community of URS promptly, efficiently and with utmost courtesy
E – xtend quality service to everybody at all times and at all means
R – ender extra effort in acquiring various learning and instructional resource materials
V– alue books and other library resources as sources of knowledge and
E –mpower education through research and academic outputs
- To provide library and information services to students, faculty, staff and visiting researchers of the University through effective use of information resources.
- To build and exhaustive library collection in all formats to meet the needs of the University programs and support other informational services academic, administrative, research, extension and production;
- To heighten informational literacy by improving students ability to evaluate substantive information;
- To support institutional researches of students, faculty and staff which relate to present or future curricular issues in higher education; and
- To encourage innovation and learning by providing facilities and resources which will make these possibilities.